Phil Mickelson: 'Yeah, it's not much better'

Just one day after the No. 3 ranked player in the World, Phil Mickelson said he could not remember his swing being this bad in his career. Said it wasn't much better in round two, though there was progress.

"Yeah, it’s not much better," Mickelson said after carding a 2-under 70 in round two. 

"I don’t have the control of the swing that I’d like. I’m not sure what side I’m going to miss it on. Playing this golf course from the rough, which I did today, is extremely difficult. The rough is tough and you’re fighting for pars the whole day."

"It was closer today, the rhythm was a little bit better but technically, I've got a lot of issues."

"With the wedges, the technical flaws really don’t come through, it’s really the longer stuff," said Mickelson, who holed out a green-side bunker shot for a birdie on No. 7.

"So I can get away with it if I can manufacture a few swings into the fairway. But it felt better today, the rhythm felt a little bit better today. I won’t worry so much about technique and the technical side these next two days and just see if I can get a good rhythm with the swing and maybe I can make some birdies."

No comments:

Post a Comment