PGA TOUR: Mickelson to Reduce 2014 Schedule by 25 Percent

Phil Mickelson announced Sunday at the Tour Championship, that he intends to reduce his 2014 schedule by 25 percent.

Mickelson, the 2013 Open Champion has averaged around 20 starts over the past 10 seasons. If he sticks to this 25 percent reduction in 2014. That would put him somewhere around 15 events next season.

Similar to what Tiger Woods and Steve Stricker played in 2013.

“I had some great highs and I had some lows. I don't play my highest level every single week. I have kind of ups and downs, and I'm a very emotional player,” said Mickelson, who won the Open Championship and Waste Management Phoenix Open this season and has now won at least once every year on Tour for a decade.

“I think that I'm going to have to factor that into some of my scheduling and maybe cut out 25 percent of my events in an effort to play at a high level when I do play because I know that I'm not able to do it 25 weeks a year. Maybe I can do it 18 or 20, though.”

No comments:

Post a Comment