Mickelson not Pleased with Play

After carding an opening round 1-under 71 at the CIMB Classic on Thursday. Phil Mickelson had some not so nice things to say about his play.

"I can't remember swinging this bad in a long time," Mickelson told Golf Channel in an interview. "I can't find the middle of the club face. And I'm not sure if the ball is going to go dead left or snap hook right and it's a frustrating time tee to green."

"It's way off right now," he continued. "It's as far off as it's ever been."

"I'm swinging awful. I'm swinging terribly at the ball," he said. "The lead for me right now is irrelevant. It's so far off that that's the last thing on my mind, because I just don't know where the ball's going."

After trying something different on nearly every swing to try and solve the issues, Mickelson went on to say, "I would go hit balls, but I don't know what to do to try to fix it. I don't even know what to try to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment