Tiger Woods weighs in on long putters

In his press conference at Pebble Beach this week. Tiger Woods weighed in on one of the most talked about topics over the past two years on the PGA Tour -- The long putter.

Many believe it gives a player an unfair advantage while it is being anchored to their bodies.

For golf 'purists', this reigns true event more, as it does with Woods.

"I've never been a fan if it." said Woods on the long putters. "I believe it's the art of controlling the body and club and swinging the pendulum motion. I believe that's how it should be played. I'm traditionalist when it comes to that."

Woods went on to give his thoughts on how they can control the length of the putters in the future.

“My idea was to have it so that the putter would be equal to or less than the shortest club in the bag. I think that would be able to get away from any type of belly anchoring."

"I think you can get away from the belly or the long putter by that type of wording, whether or not they do it or not. Peter's looked into it for a number of years, trying to get it to work, and you [would] actually measure every body's sand wedge and putter before you go out and play."

With the recent success of players such as Keegan Bradley winning the PGA Championship and Bill Haas hoisting the FedEx Cup with long putters.

The debit, I'm sure will rage on in the coming months and years until some sort of compromise is made or the club is banned all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment