Gary Woodland has a new swing coach; Butch Harmon

A week ago, Gary Woodland announced that he was leaving his old agent [Blake Smith] at Hambric Sports of six years, as well as his swing coach [Randy Smith], to join the team at Excel Sports Management.

The moves continue for Woodland this week, as he announced that his new swing coach is none other than Butch Harmon.

“I’m very excited about it,” Woodland said about going with Harmon. “Butch has taken people where I want to go.”

“Obviously I’m still talking with Fax (Champions Tour player Brad Faxon) on putting, but my game is close." Woodland continued.

"I need to work on driving the ball better. If I do that, if I keep the driver in play, I think I can do really well out here. I think I’ll be able to compete with anybody.”

In 2011, though Woodland was ranked 5th in driving distance. He finished 137th in driving accuracy on the PGA Tour, hitting 58.07% of the fairways.

Quotes courtesy of GolfWeek

No comments:

Post a Comment