Dustin Johnson withdraws from Humana due to lower back

Dustin Johnson, was very excited to begin his 2012 PGA Tour season earlier than expected at the Humana Challenge in LaQuinta, California -- Was forced to withdraw from the event due to issues with his lower back pain caused by his right knee.

Johnson as you may remember, had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee in November to repair damage to cartilage in that knee.

The long hitting five-time PGA Tour winner had been hitting full shots the past several weeks leading up to the Humana Challenge.

However, he had not yet walked 18 holes prior to this; his first event of the 2012 season.


"My knee is ok. My lower back is really stiff and hurting, which I think is from the way I'm walking or the fact that I have not walked a lot since my surgery. Yesterday was the first time I walked a full 18 holes." Johnson said after he withdrew.

Johnson carded an even-par 72 in the opening round. He made it through just nine holes in round two; which he carded a 40, before withdrawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment