Farmers Insurance extends tournament sponsorship through 2019

The PGA TOUR, Farmers Insurance and the Century Club of San Diego announced today that Farmers has extended its title sponsorship of the Farmers Insurance Open by five years, through 2019.
The new agreement will take effect following the 2014 tournament, scheduled for the week of Jan. 20-26 at Torrey Pines Golf Course in San Diego.
“Farmers Insurance has been a wonderful partner of the PGA TOUR and Century Club since becoming the title sponsor in 2010,” said PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem. “Farmers has remained very active in its role as title sponsor as well as in its support of the Century Club’s charitable initiatives through the tournament. We are extremely pleased to announce this five-year extension, which guarantees the continuation of the positive impact the Farmers Insurance Open has had throughout the San Diego area.”
In 2013, the tournament generated nearly $2.5 million to San Diego charities, raising the all-time total to more than $26 million.

“On behalf of the thousands of Farmers Insurance agents, district managers and employees across the country, we are proud to partner with the PGA TOUR, the Century Club of San Diego and the city of San Diego in extending our sponsorship of the Farmers Insurance Open through 2019,” said Mike Linton, Chief Marketing Officer for Farmers Insurance. “Our sponsorship enables us to continue to provide charitable support for the communities we serve.”
“Farmers Insurance stepped up at a critical time in our history in 2010 to support the event and San Diego community. To be able to continue our relationship to showcase Torrey Pines and San Diego to millions of viewers worldwide while generating millions in economic and charitable impact furthers our mission,” Scott Morse, President Century Club of San Diego.
Tiger Woods won the 2013 Farmers Insurance Open, the seventh time he has won the tournament and eighth time he has won at Torrey Pines, including the 2008 U.S. Open.
“I look forward to defending my title at the Farmers Insurance Open and appreciate their support of the PGA TOUR,” Woods said. “Torrey Pines is part of some great memories for me. I watched the TOUR here with my pop during the old Andy Williams tournament. I was really young back then and saw Mark O’Meara and John Cook play. I appreciate all the support from the fans in San Diego. They’ve always been great to me.”


via PGA Tour

1 comment:

  1. I've been "in good hands" for more than twenty-five years and find that my choice has been one of the best. Always prompt and supportive and giving all the help and information that they could, has been a great relief in times of need. For me and my car, dwelling, and in a great feeling of their dependability and my family's security, my choice is the only one for me

    ReplyDelete