Mickelson's Swing Feeling Better; Stumbles with 74 in Final Round

After starting the final round only five shots back on a course filled with birdie chances, Phil Mickelson only managed a single birdie Sunday at the CIMB Classic.
Mickelson said he hit the ball the best he had all week, but his putter fell by the wayside. Mickelson had been fighting swing issues all four days, but he feels he finally turned a corner on the weekend.
"Despite the score, [this] was the best I hit it and the best the swing felt," Mickelson said. "I actually feel like I have some direction heading into next week's HSBC Champions in Shanghai, and I'm looking forward to playing it. 
"It got progressively better. Unfortunately, the score today didn't reflect the fact that I played a lot better than the first three rounds, but I have something to build on now for next week."


via PGA Tour

No comments:

Post a Comment