Peter Uihlein signs with Chubby Chandler

One year removed from winning the U.S. Amateur, Peter Uihlein has decided to turn professional. He signed with famed agent Chubby Chandler of International Sports Management (ISM).

The former Oklahoma State Cowboy will make his professional debut in the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship -- Playing the European Tour in 2012.

Uihlein released this statement on his decision.

"I had a great 3 1/2 years at Oklahoma State. The school and the program were great for me, and I believe I contributed to the program’s tradition."

"But I wanted to have the full calendar year to start the next chapter in my life and not start midseason. The coaches at Oklahoma State understood my decision.”

The youngster will join players including Charl Schwartzel, Lee Westwood, Darren Clarke and Louis Oosthuizen at ISM.

No comments:

Post a Comment